BREAKFAST SERVICE – Duties of a Spiritual Leader
Text: 1 Tim. 4:1-6,7-16
Every spiritual leader is to perform two important duties
- he must comfort those who fall away out of the faith (1 Tim. 4:1-6)
- He must disciple himself for Godliness (1 Tim. 4:7-16)
When leaders fulfill these two duties, they practice the law of solid ground and earn the trust of others.
Nothings can make someone lead well unless the feeling of inadequacies.
Timothy a young protege of Apostle Paul
Example of those who felt inadequate
- Timothy etc
He had so many reasons and felt inadequate not to pastor the Ephesians Church.
- He was too young
- Too inexperienced
- The church seemed too large for his first pastoral assignment
- How can I take over (cope) from the church founder, Paul.
- Would anyone take him seriously
PAUL’S ANSWER TO TIMOTHY
- Never mind my boy at all. Paul’s word (letter) to Timothy. If you follow my instructions, you will be more than able to succeed.
- Do not let anyone look down on you because of your youth and inexperience
- Instead, be an example of Godliness that will not allow anyone to treat you anyhow but respect you.
- God doesn’t necessarily choose leaders based on their natural talents or ability.
- Neither does He always choose them based on their age or experience
- God chooses leaders based on their availability and not their ability.
- 7. God chooses leaders based on their willingness to walk in obedience to Him (God) and not their experience.
Rev. (Dr.) Dansmith J. Aisevbo, D.Min.