There is always, always, always something to be thankful for. And that no matter how good or bad you have it, you must wake up each day thankful for every moment that you are still alive to enjoy the pleasures and opportunities which life offers. Truth be told, happiness is not the absence of problems, but the ability to deal with them.
Here are a few reminders to help motivate you when you need it most:
- PAIN IS PART OF GROWING. Sometimes life closes doors because it’s time to move forward. And that’s a good thing because we often won’t move unless circumstances force us to. Remember that there are two kinds of pain: pain that hurts and pain that changes you.
- EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS TEMPORARY. So if things are good right now, enjoy it. It won’t last forever. If things are bad, don’t worry because it won’t last forever either.
- WORRYING AND COMPLAINING CHANGES NOTHING. And regardless of what happens in the long run, remember that true happiness begins to arrive only when you stop complaining about your problems and you start being grateful for all the problems you don’t have.
- YOUR SCARS ARE SYMBOLS OF YOUR STRENGTH. A scar means the hurt is over and the wound is closed. Don’t allow your scars to hold you hostage. Don’t allow them to make you live your life in fear. 5. EVERY LITTLE STRUGGLE IS A STEP FORWARD. In life, patience is not about waiting; it’s the ability to keep a good attitude while working hard on your dreams, knowing that the work is worth it.
- OTHER PEOPLE’S NEGATIVITY IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM. When other people treat you poorly, keep being you and stay calm.
- THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO IS TO KEEP GOING. Failure is temporary. Giving up is permanent. And one of my favorite quotes: “When you keep finding yourself in the same situation, the common denominator is you. Changing of thinking creates change of action. Do different to get different.”
Chaplain Thelma Osei