Seven Levels of Church Relationships
Remember these are current definitions in the 21st Century. Each progressive level includes the good of all the previous levels.
- Acquaintance – Both parties know each other by name. Probably greet each other weekly.
- Ministry associate – We do stuff together in a Christian setting. Then everyone goes his/her own way.
- Friend – We generally like each other. We are Facebook friends, I would invite you to my parties.
- Brother/Sister – We like the same things. We occasionally meet outside regular church functions. We interrelate at a distance. We do not share personal/intimate things
- Family – We share the same circle. We believe the same things. We are not ashamed to be seen together. We share together in paying for each other’s meals sometimes. We are quick to defend each other, as long as it doesn’t cost us.
- Sharing Family – We regularly share together. Everything external is shared but the depths of our hearts stay closed. There are no limits. We are committed financially to each other. We recognize together that all we have comes from the Lord and we are part of His Kingdom.
- Intimate Family – There are no boundaries between us. We regularly share personal/intimate things. We keep each other’s secrets. We want the best for each other. I care as much for yours as I care for mine. We value each other and see each other as the Lord sees us. We intentionally work at maintaining our relationship. We are willing to sacrifice all to maintain the relationship. There are no hidden agendas. The relationship has been tested in the crucible of trial and time. As current church models vacillate between 1 and 5, the enemy rejoices knowing The Lord’s army cannot sustain a viable attack against His stranglehold on this society. It’s not about being in the same room together (proximity) people. We have been doing that for years. Events and their promotions come and go. It’s about true and tested relationships being united in the Holy Spirit, who then we will produce the deliverance needed. The unity of the Trinity already exists. Are we ONE with Him or are we playing to the crowds? The answer hurts if we are honest with ourselves.
May the Lord who loves us, so speak to our hearts. I am at peace. The King is on His throne. The shaking has not ended. In the midst of social and political turmoil, the pending economic crash, and the selfishness of the age, Father God is at work in His people. The Bride church shall come forth in all her beauty! Dan 12:3 Those who are wise shall shine Like the brightness of the firmament, And those who turn many to righteousness Like the stars forever and ever. NKJV
By Jose Bosque,
with Steve Crosby